1. All passengers shall produce a negative Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) COVID-19 test result issued no longer than 72hrs before departure (this can be uploaded on the https://travel.gov.sl/ portal)
2. At the check-in desk at the airport of embarkation, passengers are required to display travelers’ authorisation to Sierra Leone, received through the Government of Sierra Leone travel portal ***https://travel.gov.sl/***
The travel authorization consists of:
o Negative PCR COVID-19 test result issued no longer than 72 hours before departure,
o Pre-departure public health passenger locator form
o Proof of payment for COVID-19 testing on arrival, paid through the online platform www.travel.gov.sl or on arrival
3. Health officials will collect temperature, basic health screening data, and seat number on arrival.
4. All passengers shall be subjected to a mandatory COVID-19 test upon arrival:
o Passengers will simultaneously have a PCR test swab and an RDT test on arrival
o If the RDT screening is negative, passengers are allowed to depart from the airport and observe public health protocols (mandatory proper mask wearing, hand washing, and physical distancing) while awaiting their PCR test
o If the RDT screening if positive, passengers will be isolated at a hotel in Lungi while awaiting their PCR test result. Note, the cost of the accommodation at the hotel shall be borne by the traveller
o For all test results, the PCR result supersedes the RDT
o PCR results will be disseminated via the local contact number confirmed by the passenger on arrival or an allocated local sim.
5. All children under 2 years shall be exempted from pre-departure and arrival PCR test requirements.
6. Airline crew are exempted from the pre-departure and arrival PCR test requirements and should follow airline policy for testing. Airline crew must adhere to public health protocols.
7. Two temperature screenings will be conducted by Port Health Services. If temperature is 37.5 degrees Celsius or above, passenger will be taken aside for further observation.
8. All passengers shall go through a walk-through disinfectant channel/Infrared temperature scanner at the entrance of the arrival
9. All passengers with machine-readable passports shall go through the Immigration E-gate Passengers with Emergency Travel Certificates or non-machine-readable passports shall go through the Immigration booth.
10. At the Baggage Reclaim section passengers shall maintain social distancing and observe all public health protocols, including proper use of face mask at all times
11. All passengers will be directed to a Reception Lounge while awaiting their COVID-19 test results
12. Passengers with a negative RDT screening test are cleared to proceed to their destination, while awaiting their PCR result and adhering to public health protocols. PCR test results (available in no more than 48 hours) will be distributed via the contact number confirmed on arrival
13. If a passenger’s PCR test is positive, s/he will be contacted by public health authorities and taken to an appropriate treatment.
Testing on Departure
Before departure from Sierra Leone you need to pay and obtain a negative PCR COVID-19 test within 72 hours of travel via – *** https://travel.gov.sl/ *** This is not required if you are departing from Sierra Leone fewer than 5 days from your arrival date.