Guidelines evolve, please refer to the FAQ on the Government’s official portal for more current information.
EFFECTIVE 13th APRIL 2022
- It is mandatory for all inbound passengers to register on the travel portal https://travel.gov.sl before travelling to Sierra Leone.
- Fully vaccinated inbound passengers are no longer required to take a pre-departure COVID-19 PCR test or test upon arrival.
- Pre-departure PCR test will not be required for non-vaccinated or partially vaccinated inbound passengers but test on arrival is mandatory.
- Outbound passengers must register on the travel portal and take the required PCR test within 48 hours to departure.
- Face mask in pubic/crowded places is strictly required for persons who are either non-vaccinated or partially vaccinated; whilst those who are fully vaccinated may go without it but advised to assess the risk.