+232 76 258 258 info@vsltravel.com

Fly Salone Take the Living …………………..

Sierra Leone Travel and Tourism Operator Forums VSL Forums General Chat Talk Fly Salone Take the Living …………………..

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Avatar Dave Stanley 3 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Greetings Family,

McPhillips travel and Fly salone, take Sierra Leoneans for right idiots in my books.

Got a call from McPhillips around 3:45 saying Fly Salone cease to operate from 17/03/2016. This is on the back of getting confirmation from them the day before the flight will be fly on Friday evening.

What amazed me is when I asked the lady why not rebook passengers on another flight, her words were “we’ve already paid flysalone, so we can’t do anything on that front and you would have to go via your credit Card or your travel insurance” ..

Made to overstand McPhillips and FlySalone are one. Please correct me if I’ve got it wrong.

• So what if you paid cash? does that mean you’re #~*^@*

Since I got the call I’ve been trying to get in touch, all i’ve been getting is their answering service “office is closed”. that’s still the case this morning.

Guess some *&^%$£ is saying let’s lock off for a while, resurface at a late date and the idiots will still buy tickets from us.. Let’s see????????

Personally we should ……………………………………………….

Dave Stanley

I am pretty sure they are not the same company, although they work closely together. The aircraft itself and operating staff were all Icelandair. I believe Fly Salone itself is a SL company with a SL backer – I do not know who. The McPhillips web site now shows the following:

To all the Fly Salone passengers who have flying arrangements. We regret to inform you that Fly Salone has ceased trading.

All passengers will therefore be unable to fly with this airline as the Company will shortly be entering into Liquidation.

All passengers that have paid for their bookings using Visa/Mastercard debit or credit cards should seek a refund through their bank directly.

Alternatively if you have taken out a travel insurance policy, you may be able to claim via your travel insurer, citing scheduled airline failure.

All other passengers will be contacted in due course with full details regarding how to make a claim which will include a claim form to complete and submit

We are deeply sorry for the inconvenience caused to passengers.

McPhillips Travel

Dave Stanley

If you want to know who is/was behind the airline, see: [url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fly_Salone]Wikipedia entry[/url]

Thanks for the info,

same way fire burn de heathen dem.
    for leading people to think the flight will be leaving.. secondly not having the cojones to answer their phones and talk to passengers no matter how hard or bad it is.. It totally ~~@*%” up!!!!!!!! :angry: :angry:

Putting up a statement like that just shows the mindset and compounds the issue.

They just don’t care, they’re only Africans!!!!!!!!!! :angry:

Wan Vexed up Rastaman!!!!!!!!!!
    :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

On the owners. I take the 5th amendment.

Those that know me know where I stand :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

Dave Stanley

McPhillips Travel have also ceased trading. A shame – I have used them for every flight to/from Freetown since my first in 1999.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.