A. Code / Job title / Reporting to : Service Centre Manager/ Service Centres Managerstructure, hardware, printers, network and connectivity
C. Key-result areas
· Ensure delivery of all managed services such installations, maintenance and local professional services within cost and agreed quality · Manage local supply and logistics services either internally or via subcontractors.
· Ensure first level technical support to workshop staff.
· Manage first line responsibility and the local workshop service escalation process.
· If applicable, supervise staff and ensure adequate training and development is provided to them and carry out annual appraisals and input into salary review process.
· Ensure proper spare levels for internal SITA customers and external customers, such as EQUANT, the Network Organisation and Airlines.
D. Job contacts >
· Within SITA :
In addition to other departments in the Managed Services department :
* Other departments in the SITA Airport and Desktop Services division.
* Marketing and Sales.
* Finance and Accounting.
· Outside SITA :
style=”FONT-SIZE: 11pt; FONT-FAMILY: Symbol; mso-fareast-font-family: Symbol; mso-bidi-font-family: Symbol; mso-bidi-font-size: 12.0pt”>* SITA and EQUANT customers.
* Professional services and repair subcontractors.
* Freight forwarders and shipment agencies.
* Local authorities and banks.
E. Job dimensions
· Decision-making authority :
INDENT: -0.25in; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo2″ =”Msonormal”>* In co-ordination with 1st level-up line manager, selection and resourcing of staff based on budgets approved by the Regional Field Operations Director, Managed Services.
* Authorization for the buying of spare parts and whole units to defined budget limits.
· Staff / Budget managed :
* A Service Centre Supervisor typically is either the only staff present in a country/workshop, or supervises a small team of up to 1-2 staff (max 4) in the local country service centre operation.
* Supervise the service centre operating budget within the geographical area of responsibility. This typically would a budget of between ( ) and ( ) USD$.
F. Knowledge, skills and experience required
· Education and training:
* Diploma in Telecom / Computer Science, or equivalent degree
* Alternatively, equivalent competencies acquired through previous work experience
FONT-FAMILY: Symbol; mso-fareast-font-family: Symbol; mso-bidi-font-family: Symbol; mso-bidi-font-size: 12.0pt”>* Excellent Customer Focus (providing value to the customer; focusing on customer as the top priority; seeking to make frequent incremental improvement for the customer, etc.)
* Focus on Results (demonstrating a sense of urgency; persisting in the face of obstacles; putting top priority on getting results, etc.)
* Planning & Execution (able to handle multiple demands and competing priorities; assigning clear accountabilities backed by appropriate authority; monitoring work progress; building an effective team with complimentary strengths; work effectively in complex organisation, etc.)
* Financial Acumen (continually looking for ways to reduce costs; establishing and maintaining a realistic budget; consistently stressing the importance of improving profitability, etc.)
* Leading courageously (taking a stand and resolving important issues; acting decisively; challenging status quo thinking and assumptions, etc)
* Strategic thinking (developing strategies and tactics to enhance the competitiveness of SITA; balancing big picture concerns with day-to-day issues; generating innovative ideas, etc.)
* Seasoned Judgement & Decision-making (understanding complex relationships and concepts; making sound decisions based on adequate information; making timely decisions, etc.)
* Influencing and Negotiating (winning support from others; shaping the opinions of key stakeholders; working through conflict to create a win/win result, etc.)
* Modeling Open Dialogue (interacting with people openly and directly; creating open channels of communication; listening carefully to input from customers; effectively communicating ideas verbally and in writing, etc.)
fareast-font-family: Symbol; mso-bidi-font-family: Symbol; mso-bidi-font-size: 12.0pt”>· Technical Competencies
· Understand technically and have worked with in the past Desktop PCs, LAN, WAN telecommunications equipment and standard software packages i.e. Windows.
· To be able to understand and communicate on a technical level with both staff and customers in order to provide technical input and leadership into the decision making processes.
· Experience and functional Competencies:
* 3-4 years as a Field Service engineer and prior experience in international business environment.
* 0pt”>At least 2 years experience in a supervisory or team-leader capacity.
* Proven working experience in complex, multi-cultural and matrixed organizations.
* Extensive telecommunications desktop knowledge in the areas of hardware and software.
G. Additional comments (optional)
The holder of the position may be involved in shift and/or on-call work including Saturdays, Sundays and Public Holidays.
contact: Emmanuel Aryee
3rd Floor, Provident Towers, Ring Road Central, Box GP39, Accra , Ghana .
Tel: +233 21 236170 Fax: +233 21 236171 Cell: +233 20 201 8753
CVS 651 2003
Email : [url=https://mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org]email@example.com[/url]R>nasratha2006-11-29 03:05:16
Thanks for information and sharing this information..