+232 76 258 258 info@vsltravel.com

African Nations Cup…

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 79 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Bravo the underdogs! They give inspiration to SL. One day we too will be there – we will not be title contenders right away.

Benin – scored only their second Cup of Nations goal.

Zambia – got a draw and a win, even though they didn’t go through to the second round. They scored a brilliant last-gasp goal against Egypt – they will treasure that especially if Egypt retain the trophy…

Oh, and bravo Samuel Eto’o! But on the serious side, our teams aren’t as good at defending and goal-keeping as they are at scoring. Perhaps we should give a Golden Gloves award for the keeper who lets in the least goals per match…

no more super eagles they were lucky to qualify then against 10 men they struggled their time is done, they need an essien a drog an eto… well done GHANA and essien, wonder how much the manager was on world class destroyed scotland destroyed nigeria, easy money for him in 4 years which african nation are stupid enough to take him on….

Les elephants sont magnifique!!!!

Enorabuena senores elefantes!!!!

Muchas gracias senores espero que tengais suerte.

Ok, so my Super Eagles are out (and they should be) Ghana played the better game. SO now I am rooting for the BlackStars to bring the cup to West Africa!

It’s your choise.Good luck.

TU TU r u going crazy icoast will destroy ghana as good as ghana are icoast are really a european team with african spirit strength and flair.. excellent… ghana icoast final wicked

This is what i love about our North African brothers, they dn’t brag like us in the west. They just take things as they come. I’d be surprised if they dn’t take the trophy away again(as much as i’d hate to see that hapenning). They just know how to take this African Tourney seriously. We in West Africa are always quick to feel too big for our shoes (or shld i say boots?).

Participant

Ow dis thread kole so?

Has everyone lost interest?

Pity the final we expected has now become the third place watch, but at least it was a feast of goals and not the drab affair that many 3rd place play-offs are.

[url=https://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/africa/7235829.stm]https://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/africa/7235829.stm[/url].

For the final, I’m rooting for Cameroon. Have never been a big fan, but if they win they’ll be on five titles like Egypt.

Not the final folks predicated but i did think Egypt were pretty ‘snappy’ when i saw them. After the game yesterday there was this dude on DSTV blasting off the West African teams (in particular Ghana and Ivory Coast) saying they were ill disciplined and how after the quarter finals they had a party and buses loads of women turned up etc.. etc.. The officials were all involved in this “womanising and drinking” behaviour as he called it…

Im gutted icoast out…. it is a worry that west africans cant get national coaches… nigeria are in turmoil pointing the finger berti should get the sack $2,000,000 to pay him off good luck…. european coaches for an african philosophy does not always work.. of to sierra leone on friday again to discuss youth football especially the u17s with the top people any suggestions or points people want bringing up…

Egypt for me

Egypt it was..

Egypt winning the trophy yet again is a confirmation that the days of individualism in football is gone. It’s high time we from West Africa realise that just having the talents today counts for very little in winning competitions. These days it’s all about team work, discipline, respect and being down-to-earth. (which we definitely lack)!

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 79 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.