+232 76 258 258 info@vsltravel.com

African Nations Cup…

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 79 total)
  • Author

Cameron with Samuel Etoo will do something.Visca BARCELONA!!!!

Question anyone any thoughts on non country men managing that country was watching ghana against namibia and they had non country men managers, surely if the players need to be from that country should not the technical team?? and i mean the whole team

Participant

I take it the previous poster is suggesting that only country nationals should be national team managers. Well, I rooted for Zambia against eternal African darlings Cameroon wholly because Zambia had an African (Zambian?) manager.

But the tide has turned the other way. Even in England, with its history of small minded nationalism, the Sven experiment has been re-endorsed with the appointment of Fabio Cappelo. Results first, national pride later.

Funnily enough, most of these jobbing international managers seem to be German – like the guy who took Greece to win the Euro championships in ’04.

And there was a guy called Mulatinovic who took different countries to four successive world cups!

Ha ha yeah the germans seem to like africa dont they…. true it is a results driven game… from a coaching point of view a sierra leone coach i.e myself and other will never manage england germany etc… and the chance of managing our own national team is just as difficult i dont know just enquiring.

If the so call boss of the league cannot send a simple letter to CAF so that our national team can show the world what they know,I think we have a long to go where teams like Ghana,Nigeria and others are competing.Many years back our Great players ABDUL RAHMAN Cole,Ismael Dyfan and many others were among the stars of Africa.Sierra Leone has a lot of athletes who will be seen in and out of the the African continent(Miss Eunice Barba).Our politicians should forget a little bit about their pockets and think about the youth.Every victory in sports is a success for a neighbourhood, a family and a nation.TAKE NOTE GENTLEMEN.

Participant

I watched Angola come from behind to beat Senegal yesterday – great stuff. But the Tunisia v South Africa result means that Tunisia and Angola only need to draw their match for both to progress.

Let’s hope this doesn’t lead to an Anschluss-style (i.e Austria v Germany 1982)stitch-up, where they play for a tame draw so that they both end the group on five points.

It is not impossible for an African to be a national coach in any European country.The Europeans know that Africa has the bast players you can think of at all times.Players like George Wear,Okono Thomas,Abede Pele,Rashidi Yekene,Abdul Rahman Cole,Drogba,Etoo among many others.The problem is that Africans get direct oposition from their fellow Africans who have changed their nationality.There are Africans working as managers in European teams(Okono is an examlpe).His is an assitant manager in Spain EspaA┬▒ol.He played active football for this team and till now he working them.Africans are recognised in their jobs as long as they are qualified.

As long as they are qualified thats the point… Who in SL is more qualified than Okono which is a good example, we dont hear what qualificatons coaches in SL hold.
    nothings impossible only difficult… unlike the I.Coast machine champions all the way

Welcome to Round 2 Superrrrrrrr Eaglesssssssssss!!!!!!

Football is great.Thanks gentlemen.Keep it up!

[QUOTE=ssoulsistaa]Welcome to Round 2 Superrrrrrrr Eaglesssssssssss!!!!!!
    [/QUOTE]

U know….I was quite scared there for a moment. Now I’m torn between them and the black stars. May the better team win!

TuTu how lucky are your super eagles its only cos icoast are so good they qualified ha ha if icoast played as poor as nigeria did nigeria would be out… they’ll prob win it now think berti’s jobs just about safe

KT28, I told you to wait and see… Keep waiting the cup will go to the Supereagles!!!!!!!!

That is the better part of football(good spirit).I want to see my leone stars up there one day.Heavens!

Thank you Samuel Etoo.That’s the way we( FCBarcelona) wants to see you.More gools.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 79 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.