Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:
  • 1
  • 2

TOPIC: How much money for a week in salone

Lion Awards 8 years 11 months ago #5875

Mah-D wrote:
proper security and law enforcement, until they start handling these unruly folks harshly, regardless of where events are hosted they will cause trouble.


Who's gonna handle the 'unruly folks' when the police themselves can be sometimes unruly, as is described in the excerpts of an email I received about an incident at Lumley turn-table, only a few days ago...

In the early hours of this morning, the Sierra Police raided the Lumley Roundabout where Lumley Beach Dot Com is situated and in an attempt to arrest alleged loiterers and diamba smokers, they carted away one of Sierra Leone's foremost international human rights activists named Allan Quee. But not before giving him a solid beating, tearing his clothes up, kicking him in his private parts and causing him to bleed. His crime? He question the police as to why they were cruelly dragging a lady on the streets into their landrover. The police said that the lady was a prostitute and Allan Quee should not question them. Poor Mr. Quee proceeded to try to tell them about the training he has been involved in with the British and with UNAMSIL trying to educate the new Police Force about human rights and citizens rights especially during arrests...



Additionally, in their efforts to "cleanse" the area of "loitering vermin", the police arrested four chinese citizens who were out looking for food to eat. They said the Chinese should not be on the streets. The chinese guys unfortunately retorted that they had all right to be out in the morning hours. They were also manhandled, handcuffed and bundled into a waiting landrover. The Chinese whilst being carted off, exclaimed "Sierra Leone, big problem still in here. big problem. big. very big problem." Did I hear you say, "There goes the Chinese Tourism package"?
ssoulsistaa38489.7801851852
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Lion Awards 8 years 11 months ago #5877

  • Papaboy
  • Papaboy's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Full Member
  • Posts: 72
  • Karma: 0
At the end of the day I think we all generally support moves to improveinternal security in Freetown or anywhere else in the country as awhole. The potential issue is that of consistency and transparency. Ofcourse advertising the fact that they will be carrying out a raid onthat location would defeat the purpose, but the security appartus doesneed to try much, much harder to respect the very citizenry it isclaiming to be trying to protect. Most importantly I wonder if therewere any post-raid reports or publicity/public information designed toinform and ease concerns that (a) the action was part of routine,specified positive security measures and (b) there is no reasonfor panic and the rebels have not re-grouped at nearby Malamah and areon the rampage at Lumley junction. One hopes that information is notbeing monopolised in this regard for some whimsical/ political reasonby incompetent personnel elements at the detrement of the biggerpicture requirements of carefully assembling a safer Sierra Leone.
Papaboy Communications.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Lion Awards 8 years 11 months ago #5885

  • Mah-D
  • Mah-D's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Moderator
  • Posts: 1979
  • Karma: 0
ssoulsistaa wrote:
Who's gonna handle the 'unruly folks' when the police themselves can be sometimes unruly, as is described in the excerpts of an email I received about an incident at Lumley turn-table, only a few days ago...
that lumley place is a haven for many activities....they never sleep.


Speaking of law enforcers this brings to mind an incident that happened about 4yrs ago I heard on the radio.The police raided paddys and arrested all the prosi in the early hours, Why? because a foreigner made a complaint stating that the girls he picked up stole his dollars from his room. Now in any law-abiding country where prostitution is illegal,the police would have arrested the NGO guy first and then arrest the owner of the establishment for encouraging the trade. The police arrested girls indiscriminately....not identifying the prostitutes but arresting all...hence the complaints on the radio. Only in salone



Our police needs training and education in policing, discipline and the law.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Lion Awards 8 years 11 months ago #5886

Mah-D, bo lef nor!
The NAIL that sticks out, always gets HIT on the HEAD. LONTA
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Lion Awards 8 years 11 months ago #5889

  • Saloneman
  • Saloneman's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Patriot
  • Posts: 932
  • Karma: 0
ssoulsistaa wrote:

In the early hours of this morning, the Sierra Police raided the Lumley Roundabout where Lumley Beach Dot Com is situated and in an attempt to arrest alleged loiterers and diamba smokers, they carted away one of Sierra Leone's foremost international human rights activists named Allan Quee. But not before giving him a solid beating, tearing his clothes up, kicking him in his private parts and causing him to bleed. His crime? He question the police as to why they were cruelly dragging a lady on the streets into their landrover. The police said that the lady was a prostitute and Allan Quee should not question them. Poor Mr. Quee proceeded to try to tell them about the training he has been involved in with the British and with UNAMSIL trying to educate the new Police Force about human rights and citizens rights especially during arrests...



Additionally, in their efforts to "cleanse" the area of "loitering vermin", the police arrested four chinese citizens who were out looking for food to eat. They said the Chinese should not be on the streets. The chinese guys unfortunately retorted that they had all right to be out in the morning hours. They were also manhandled, handcuffed and bundled into a waiting landrover. The Chinese whilst being carted off, exclaimed "Sierra Leone, big problem still in here. big problem. big. very big problem." Did I hear you say, "There goes the Chinese Tourism package"?



Poor Mr. Quee. He should use his standing to get the thugs dismissed, and maybe sue the police This police brutality can affect any of us.


As for the Chinese, well at least the police are equal opportunity offenders....
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Lion Awards 8 years 11 months ago #5897

Saloneman wrote:
Poor Mr. Quee. He should use his standing to get the thugs dismissed, and maybe sue the police This police brutality can affect any of us. As for the Chinese, well at least the police are equal opportunity offenders....


Sue? SM - u dae joke right? HA HA HA!


PS- Another example why travel advice to SL -- completely SUCKS!
The NAIL that sticks out, always gets HIT on the HEAD. LONTA
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Lion Awards 8 years 11 months ago #5900

  • Saloneman
  • Saloneman's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Patriot
  • Posts: 932
  • Karma: 0
Cool-Runnins wrote:

Sue? SM - u dae joke right? HA HA HA!


PS- Another example why travel advice to SL -- completely SUCKS!



I'd like to see someone try it. I think it is legal now. At least they can embarass them in court.


Police brutality happens everywhere, even in the USA. And believe me, most of it doesn't even make the local or national headlines. Just yesterday was watching local news, story about woman who miscarried, because of NYPD brutality. And yes, she's black.


Why don't they put that on their tourist brochures for NYC?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

How much money for a week in salone 1 year 2 months ago #1702

  • shadow
  • shadow's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Citizen
  • Posts: 212
  • Karma: 0
Hi everyone

I am due to come into Salone next week and would like some help, for a week not being over extravagent and with accommodation sorted, how much is a person likely to need on a daily/weekly basis. What are the costs for basics like bottled water, coca cola, beer, and what is the typical cost for food out and about.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
  • Page:
  • 1
  • 2
Time to create page: 1.165 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum

Follow Us

Our Newsletter