Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: purchasing land in Sierra Leone

purchasing land in Sierra Leone 2 years 3 months ago #939

I'm interested in purchasing land for relocation in Sierra Leone. How would I go about pricing land and is there any information about shipping prices and citizenship requirements?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: purchasing land in Sierra Leone 2 years 3 months ago #941

• otolo
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 19
Lots of questions in there. Regarding land.. you mean how would you know if you're being charged fair value for land you're interested in buying? Ask around really. You'd use the same criteria as in most other places. Infrastructure around property (accessibility, power, water).. security, location etc.

Shipping prices vary, do a search in the forum, I believe some companies have been recommended in the past. If you provide more information maybe we can be of more help.

Re: purchasing land in Sierra Leone 2 years 3 months ago #942

Thanks for the response. I was actually looking for ways to see land that was for sale. I've been looking but haven't found any resources that provided land sale listings. I would appreciate the assistance in the other areas you spoke of once I see if it's feasible.

There are a group of us who are looking to relocate to West Africa and Sierra Leone was our first choice. We're in the fact finding phase right now. Thanks

Re: purchasing land in Sierra Leone 1 year 3 months ago #1641

• trisha
Are you still looking for land to buy. I have an acre in the beautiful beach of No 2 river. I am British and was hoping to build there but circumstances have changed and I am unable to now. Just want to get the money back that it cost me to buy. All papers legal and registered.

Re: purchasing land in Sierra Leone 1 year 3 months ago #1642

• DaveS
  • Thank you received: 30
Hello Trisha and welcome to the forum. Please do not take this the wrong way, but I want to remind anyone reading this thread to be very sure about the authenticity of any offer of products or services in this public forum. Also please remember that a foreign citizen may not legally own land in this part of Sierra Leone.

Re: purchasing land in Sierra Leone 1 year 3 months ago #1643

• trisha
I think your advice is very wise. I am married to a sierra leonean and the land is in both our names. Obviously I would expect anyone interested to check out all the documentation first and use a local solicitor to do the conveyancing as I did.. It is also registered at the land registry office in freetown and is easily verifiable. I had many false starts regarding land but even the village elders and committee at no2 beach know who I am and which piece of land I bought. So anyone interested please contact me. Trisha
Just to add an extra bit of information. I have to pay land tax in Sierra leone every year so the government do recognise me as the owner !!
Last Edit: 1 year 3 months ago by trisha. Reason: add some info

Re: purchasing land in Sierra Leone 1 year 3 months ago #1644

• DaveS
  • Thank you received: 30
Hi Trisha. Thanks for the clarification and sorry if I sounded sceptical about your offer. You do have to be so careful with these financial matters - we have all seen the horror stories. Good luck with the sale, there really should be a queue for this sort of land. Especially with the ongoing improvements to the road. To be honest, if it was me, I would never part with it!

purchasing land in Sierra Leone 1 year 3 months ago #1652

• soulstarr
Hi Trisha. I didn't know how to inbox you but I would be very interested in talking to you about your land. I am also from the u.k and my father is interested in buying as he has been there a lot and is in love!!! Please contact me on my email its This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. and i will message you my number privately. Thanks and happy new year to u all!!

Re: purchasing land in Sierra Leone 1 year 3 months ago #1653

• trisha
I know it is the most magical place and I fell in love with it straight away but it is now so expensive to fly to freetown and everything there is expensive. The road hasnt progressed as expected but when it does it will be amaziing. You have made me think again but I now have a house in Gambia and though its not as beautiful there its much more accessible. I just dont now have to money to spend in sierra leone . . very sad

Re: purchasing land in Sierra Leone 1 year 3 months ago #1696

• vic
Dear Trisha,
I am interessted in Your property in River Nr. 2 Please contact me at:
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Time to create page: 0.349 seconds