Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Let's speak about books we read

Driving in Salone - Questions 9 years 4 weeks ago #3828

• SaloneBoy
  • Patriot
My experience:

When i got to freetown i drove without thinking about it for a while, eventually felt guilty called a friend of mine works at Road Tranport..

I got my license that same day after a brief stop for photo at SLRA at Kissy Road.

About a week later, slept at a friends house and dropped my wallet with license in it, was headed back there the next day to pick it up when i was stopped by the traffic wardens.. They where brand new back then, starched uniform and all.. Asked for my license, i explained my suitation to him and he quoted what section of the laws of salone i was violating.. We haggled and he agreed to let me go get the license while he waited for me at the junction (Dead end street). Did not ask me for a penny.

Long story short, We ran into each other once or twice at paddys and he got a cold brew each time.

Never rented a car in salone. Dont know how its done..Dads car rental is an option i heard.

Credit card use is limited, hotels, duty free at lungi are the only 2 places i have used it.. Works fine.. only thing is bill did shock me when it showed up 6 months later on my statement and i had totally forgoten about it.
Cheapest calls to Salone.
www.CallSalone.com
www.CallsToAfrica.com
CLICK | BUY | TALK
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Driving in Salone - Questions 9 years 4 weeks ago #3831

• Edleen
  • Patriot
International license can be used legally like in any other country. License from another country tho' is not legal. Would cost you about Le250,000 to get a Sa Lone license.

Most cars are rented with drivers. Don't know what arrangements they have in place for rental without drivers.

Driving in Salone - Questions 9 years 4 weeks ago #3912

• Saloneman
  • Patriot
Thx. for all the answers. Interesting story you tell Saloneboy. I wonder if the wardens have kept it up but then sure there are always some bad apples. Have a friend who went back and drove the whole while without a license, but I think we should do not do in Salone, what we would not dare do here.

Driving in Salone - Questions 9 years 4 weeks ago #3914

• otolo
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 19
Saloneman wrote:
I think we should do not do in Salone, what we would not dare do here.
I totally agree with you...

So peeps, don't drink and drive in SL just because you think you can get away with it!
Otolo38430.5030787037

Let's speak about books we read 1 year 3 months ago #1633

• Scielcold
Books can easily change our worldview! Books can delight, enchant, teach or just provide a momentary escape from reality. And what books do you read?? Let's discuss our favorite books! I apologize if this topic has been posted before.

Let's speak about books we read 1 year 3 months ago #1690

• osman
Some of us read books that's related to our professions not sure if you will be interested to talk about this.

Let's speak about books we read 1 year 3 months ago #1691

• guhvies
  • VSL General
  • Thank you received: 6
Well over the Xmas holidays I read three autobiagraphies: Chinua Achebe - There Was A Country; Eldred Durosimi Jones - The Freetown Bond: A Life Under Two Flags; and Ahmed Tejan Kabbah - Coming Back from the Brink in Sierra Leone: A Memoir. Of course I could leave my fantasy fiction so Ian C. Esslemont - Blood and Bone. I'm currently reading Steven Erikson's Forge of Darkness. This is the 1st book in the Kharkanas Trilogy. BTW, Steven and Erik are responsible for Tale of the Malazan, Book of the Fallen series (I've read in the that series). Next stop, Robert Jordan - A Memory of Light (Book 14 in the Wheel of Time series) Unfortunately, Robert passed away before he could finish the Wheel of Time series, so the last few books were ghost written by Brandon Sanderson. Workwise, I've got to read up on Design Patterns. The Software Analysts/Developers might know about this topic.
Registered Linux User # 125653 (counter.li.org)
Now accepting personal mail for GMail invites.
Time to create page: 0.500 seconds